Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dorm room (Place description)

Looking back upon this place, I am shocked at how much this simple room has changed throughout the year. The pile of food lays in waste behind the door, my once respectable stockpile now reduced to mere scraps. This place can only be described as simply as this: filthy. Every aspect of this once pristine room has been ravaged by the habits of my teenage self. The desk is barely visible beneath a pile of now worthless scraps of paper and random knick-knacks accumulated throughout my first year. The carpet is a place for the brave of heart, untouched by the evils of our floor vacuum.

The walls are literally covered with posters and photos, even the desk has pictures taped to it. Books and school supplies are scattered throughout, and the garbage cans are all overflowing. The only redeeming factor is that my clothes are actually in my dresser, with the exception of my sleepwear.

It's almost sad to think that after next week this room will revert to its normal, clean state. No longer will the carpet lie neglected and uncleaned. The bare beds and complete lack of furnishing is nothing short of depressing to think about. As disgusting as this room has become, I can honestly say that will miss this place that I have learned to call my home.

No comments: